Town and village greens

There are three ways to search the 'Register of Common Land and Village Greens' for East Sussex.

  • In person – the register can be searched in person for free by appointment. To make an appointment contact the Definitive Map Team.
  • Online – those who make regular searches may prefer to request details online from the National Land Information Service.
  • Ask us – for a small fee we can do the search for you. Applications must be made in writing. See property searches.

To search for common land or village greens in the  Brighton or Hove area, contact Brighton & Hove City Council.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.