I'm in care - who can help me?

Asphaleia can help you when…

You need someone to help you have your say

If you are in care or have an East Sussex social worker, you can get help, for free, from an advocacy service.

Independent advocates enable you to:

  • have your voice heard
  • have your wishes and feelings taken into account, and
  • provide the tools you need to make an informed decision

Call their freephone number 0800 129 9300 to request an advocate

You need a buddy

If you are in care, you can use the Independent Visitor (IV) befriending service, for free.

An independent visitor is a trained volunteer. They will get to know you and provide friendship and support. Together you can try out new activities and sports, take a walk or meet up for a chat on a regular basis.

Your social worker can refer you to the programme or you can refer yourself.

Email: ESCCIVservice@asphaleia.co.uk

Contact Asphaleia

For general and referral enquiries

Also the children in care council ...

If you’re living away from your family, and you have an East Sussex social worker, contact the

They can help if you have a question, want to talk or have something to say.

Contact the CICC coordinator, Meshelle Carmody,

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.