Lansdowne secure children's home
Education at Lansdowne
Lansdowne School is based within the Home, and provides full-time education for all residents, in line with the local school term dates.
The school provides a safe environment where young people gain confidence to re-engage in learning.
Young people focus on developing core skills so they can study for an age appropriate qualification in the future. The Learning Programme is based around:
- Core (Functional English and Maths)
- Creative Learning (Art, Drama…)
- Vocational Learning (Childcare, DT, Hair and Beauty…)
Individual learning targets are set across the whole curriculum.
Young people leave with a portfolio showing:
- skills gained
- development of literacy and numeracy
- awards to demonstrate learning progress
Lansdowne School operates through a service level agreement between ESCC and the SABDEN Multi Academies Trust.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.