NHS Health Check resources for GPs
These health check resources are for GP practices in East Sussex and include invitation templates for patients and training courses.
Health Check patient invitation templates
We recommend using these templates when inviting patients for their health check via text message or post:
SMS text message templates for patient invites and reminders [22.3 KB] [docx]
Health check invitation letter template [252.0 KB] [docx]
Health Check leaflets for patients
The East Sussex Patient Results leaflet should be given to every patient having their health check. It records their written results, and suggests ongoing lifestyle changes they might like to make. These leaflets have been mailed directly to practices to use with their patients. If you would like to order more then email: Aifric Muller.
Health Check information leaflets
NHS Health Check information leaflets come in a range of languages and accessible formats and are available as digital resources and in hard copy.
The Dementia Awareness leaflet should be give to all adults having a health check who are aged 65 to 74. It raises awareness of the signs and symptoms of dementia, and advises people to contact their GP with any concerns.
NHS Health Check training
One You East Sussex provide the NHS Health Check training for GP practice staff.
They provide four courses throughout the year:
- A one day training course for people new to NHS Health Checks,
- A half day refresher course for those who need to refresh their skills or would like a little more support around NHS Health Check delivery
- How to incorporate dementia into NHS Health Checks
- Communicating Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) risk masterclasses
Find out more and book your place.
Health Check e-learning
This e-learning is an excellent refresher for those who have not accessed Health Check training for some time. It is also ideal for staff who are new to health checks and are waiting to attend the local core skills training.
There are four modules:
- What is NHS Health Check all about?
- Overview of cardiovascular conditions
- How to conduct an NHS Health Check
- Calculating and communicating risk
To access the course:
- Go to Onclick Health Check Mentor
- Register to the site by ‘creating a new account’. Then activate your account via the automatic email (check your spam folder)
- Login using the details set up at registration. Select the ‘Health Check Mentor’ course. Enter the enrolment key for East Sussex – esFive21$_bn7X
- If you need any help, contact the online help desk
Dementia awareness and behavioural change
For links to training on dementia awareness and wider behavioural change, see: NHS Health Check website.