Lewes to Uckfield rail link
Network Rail carried out a study to try and establish a case for the reinstatement of the Lewes to Uckfield rail link. No formal consultation process on the study was carried out. However, comments on the technical aspects of the study were invited until 19 September 2008.
The Central Rail Corridor Board received the final report of the Network Rail study in July. It concluded that:
- Although it is technically feasible. There is currently no economic case for rebuilding the Lewes to Uckfield rail line
In October 2008 the Central Rail Corridor Board met. It considered the comments made since publication of Network Rail’s final report in July. No further work is proposed. Unless there are significant changes in government policy, and the Board has now disbanded.
If you require any of the associated documents listed below please contact the team via email listing the documents you require
- Email: Transport Planning
- Network Rail’s executive summary of their study
A summary of the Network Rail study into the reinstatement of the Lewes-Uckfield rail link.
- Central Rail Corridor Board Report – Lewes to Uckfield rail link
This report reflects the views, and makes decisions based on Network Rail’s Lewes to Uckfield railway line reinstatement study’s conclusions, by the Central Rail Corridor Board.
- Network Rail’s Lewes-Uckfield Railway Line Reinstatement Study
Network Rail’s final report into the reinstatement of the Lewes to Uckfield railway line.
- Appendix 1: General arrangement drawings
An overview of the proposed route, using aerial photographs with overlaid information.
- Appendix 2: Aerial diagrams
Aerial map and diagrams of Lewes, north of Lewes, Isfield and Uckfield.
- Appendix 3: Signalling diagrams
Single and double track options.
- Appendix 4: Railway corridor options
Railway corridor diagrams.
- Appendix 5: Gradient diagram
Diagram showing gradients along the proposed route of the line.
- Appendix 6: Speed profiles
Potential speed profiles of trains running between Lewes to Uckfield and Uckfield to Lewes.
- Appendix 7: Scope of works
Scope of works required to reinstate the rail link.
- Appendix 8: Benefits, operating costs and business case assumptions
Benefits, operating costs and business case assumptions involved in reinstating the rail link.
- Appendix 9: Programme of works
Proposed schedule of works, showing tasks and timescales involved in the project to reinstate the rail link.
- Appendix 10: Public footpaths
Map showing public footpaths, byways and bridleways along the route.
- Appendix 11: Policy on level crossings
Office of Rail Regulations policy on level crossings.
- Appendix 12: References
List of references to publications used in producing the report.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link reinstatement – information pack
Details of the work being carried out by the County Council and its partners on the reinstatement of the Lewes to Uckfield rail link.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail reinstatement funding options
Report by external consultants the Kilbride Group.
- Central Rail Corridor Board’s response to Kilbride Group’ s funding options
- Comments on Network Rail’s Lewes to Uckfield railway line reinstatement study
External comments on the technical aspects of the study.