This privacy notice covers members of the public who are completing an East Sussex County Council consultation.
East Sussex County Council takes data protection seriously. Please be assured that your information will be used
appropriately in line with data protection legislation, will be stored securely and will not be processed unless
the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
What information is being used?
For this consultation, we are not collecting any personal data.
If you choose to receive a copy of your response to a consultation you will need to provide your email address. As soon as you have been sent a copy of your response Delib immediately deletes your email address from their system.
Please note, some consultations do collect personal data. If this is the case, we will tell you exactly what data is being collected, why the data is being collected, and the retention period. This will be explained in a separate privacy notice.
How will your information be used?
Delib will use your IP address to find out more about your visit – for example, what pages you visited, how long you were on the site and what browser you use – to help them improve the performance and features on the website. This information is not used directly by East Sussex County Council.
We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report
on how we are doing. Your information is never sold for direct marketing purposes.
Our staff are trained to handle your information correctly and protect your confidentiality and privacy.
Your information is processed in the UK or in a country with an adequacy agreement with the UK.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
IP addresses are used to better understand how visitors use the website, for the purposes of system operating, managing and improving the system.
How long will your information be kept for?
Sharing your information
Any sharing of personal data is always done:
- on case-by-case basis
- using the minimum personal data necessary
- with the appropriate security controls in place
- in line with legislation.
Information is only shared with those agencies and bodies who have a "need to know" or where you have consented to
the sharing of your personal data to such persons.
We may use the information we hold about you to assist in the detection and prevention of crime or fraud.
We may also share this information with other bodies that inspect and manage public funds.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed why, where and how we use your information
- to ask for access to your information
- to ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- to ask us to restrict the use of your information
- to ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- to object to how your information is used
- to challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
Please visit data subject rights for further details.