- Shine Car Valet Service online booking site
Privacy notice - Shine Car Valet Service online booking site
This privacy notice covers customers of the Shine Car Valet Service who make a booking using the simplybook.it online booking site: www.shinecarvaletservice.simplybook.it.
East Sussex County Council takes data protection seriously. Please be assured that your information will be used
appropriately in line with data protection legislation, will be stored securely and will not be processed unless
the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
What information is being used?
In order to provide the service, we will collect the name, phone number and email address of the customer.
How will your information be used?
We use the information to ensure we provide good customer service. It is imperative that we have a means of contacting our customers so that we can confirm their booking and also make any necessary amendments. We also need a means of contact for the day of the booking should there be an issue with the vehicle that they have entrusted to our care.
We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report
on how we are doing. Your information is never sold for direct marketing purposes.
Our staff are trained to handle your information correctly and protect your confidentiality and privacy.
Your information is processed in the UK or in a country with an adequacy agreement with the UK.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
As specified by Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR we will explicitly seek your consent to process your personal data.
How long will your information be kept for?
Customer information will be kept on the simplybook.it website for 6 months after the booking is made. The system will automatically delete all information relating to the booking at this point. Shine Car Valet Service will retain information about the booking for their records but this will not include customer name, phone number or email address.
Sharing your information
Data will not be shared with a third party. All processing is within East Sussex County Council.
Any sharing of personal data is always done:
- on case-by-case basis
- using the minimum personal data necessary
- with the appropriate security controls in place
- in line with legislation.
Information is only shared with those agencies and bodies who have a "need to know" or where you have consented to
the sharing of your personal data to such persons.
We may use the information we hold about you to assist in the detection and prevention of crime or fraud.
We may also share this information with other bodies that inspect and manage public funds.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed why, where and how we use your information
- to ask for access to your information
- to ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- to ask us to restrict the use of your information
- to ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- to object to how your information is used
- to challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
Please visit data subject rights for further details.