Tradespeople and contractors permits
Who can use a trade permit?
Tradespeople and contractors, for example plumbers and electricians, working in the controlled parking zone can buy permits.
Permits are virtual and linked to the vehicle registration number.
You should only use a trade permit if you are:
- working on a property, which is not your permanent place of work and
- only using it for business use, not personal use
You will need to provide proof of where you are working and how long the work will take, this could be an invoice or quote. Contact the customer service team if you need more advice about what documents we accept.
Where can I park?
Due to the limited amount of on street parking in Rye permits will
- be issued on a location by location basis and where there is not already a suspension or other trade permits in use;
- may have the amount of time the permit is valid for restricted; and,
- only be issued if it is essential for the vehicle to park at that location
A member of the team will contact you on receipt of your application to discuss it with you.
Trade permits are not valid in any other location or in any off street car park.
Having a permit does not guarantee you a parking space.
How much do they cost?
They cost £2 each and must be paid for online when you apply.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.