Camber Sands is situated to the east of the ancient town of Rye. It is a popular sandy beach, with picturesque dunes and interesting wildlife. The village of Camber is very close to the beach.
Parking and public transport
- there is a paid car park opposite the beach (closes at 8pm daily)
- you can get to Camber on the 711 bus from Rye
- the nearest railway stations are Rye and Winchelsea, served by trains on the Hastings to Ashford line
- there is a Sustrans cycle path leading from Rye to Camber
Rother District Council
Visit Rother’s website for more information about:
- Car parking
- Horse riding
- Water sports
Camber Sands - Rother District Council
- Camber Castle walks [221.6 KB] [pdf]
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.