Independent Reviewing Officer / Child Protection Advisor
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 09 October 2022
Interview date: Monday 17 October 2022
For an informal discussion, please contact Sue McGlynn or Dawn Price (Operations Managers) Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit
Telephone: 01323 466606
Independent Reviewing Officer and Child Protection Advisor
£50,031 to £54,679 per annum (LMG2) [Note]
Please note that these salaries include a time-limited market supplement in July 2021 and are subject to a 3 yearly review. You can view the basic salary on our salaries scales
Are you a qualified and experienced Social Worker Manager who has a proven track record in Statutory Children’s Services and looking to join an ‘Award Winning’ Children’s Social Care Team judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
We are currently looking to recruit an Independent Reviewing Officer / Child Protection Advisor to join our high performing Children’s Services Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Team. We are looking for candidates with:
- A Social Work Qualification recognised by Social Work England and experience working in Children’s Services.
- Relevant management experience and ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Experience of Chairing complex meetings, evaluate information and make clear decisions.
- An elevated level of experience in quality assuring the formulation and implementation of outcome-focused Children’s Plans.
- Evidence based practice and knowledge of current theories and research.
- The ability to help us bring about change for our children and their families.
- Demonstrable motivation to improve outcomes for children and promoting their, and their families, participation in all aspects of the consultation, assessment, reviewing and planning.
- Flexibility to cover meetings across the County of East Sussex and beyond as needed.
If you meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification, please apply.
What can we offer you?
- One of three office location sites across East Sussex based in Lewes, Eastbourne, or St Leonards-on-Sea.
- We operate a flexible working opportunity and would be happy to discuss any caring commitments you may have at interview.
- A highly supportive environment in one of the top performing authorities in the South.
- A service that has brought together a talented workforce with experienced managers, working closely with a range of organisations.
- Individualised support through a range of training and development opportunities to enable you to succeed in this role and develop your career.
- An exciting time for the social work profession and multi-agency working.
Join our award-winning team
We know our approach is making a difference because that is what children and young people tell us
“My points of view are listened to, and I get to say what I want to say It feels respectful how we do it.”
“It’s my life and I want to hear the decisions being made about me.”
We were judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in our July 2018 inspection. Our innovation has led to two awards from the Local Government Association Chronicle Awards for services to children and business transformation.
We have created a centre of excellence alongside our local Universities, resulting in the East Sussex County Council being awarded Government “Teaching Partnership” status.
So now is the time to join us and start a fulfilling career at East Sussex
A workforce for the community, from the community
We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage those from Black and ethnic minority backgrounds, those who are disabled, male and those who identify as trans. We are working towards recruiting a workforce that reflects our community because we recognise the unique skills and experience that each individual brings.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £50,031 - £54,679 per annum, pro rata (includes market forces supplement)
- Closing date
- East Sussex County Council
- Children Services
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Social Work - Children