Teaching Assistant 3
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 15 July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ringmer Primary & Nursey School, Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5LL
Phone: 01273 812463
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
An opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated staff team at Ringmer Primary and Nursery School. We are a warm and welcoming village school at the heart of the community with the children who are well behaved and enthusiastic leaners.
Our support staff team are key and valued part of our school community. They are skilled and friendly, enjoy the benefits of regular CPD and a strong wellbeing program.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant level 3 to join our highly committed and supportive staff team to start as soon as possible.
The hours are
Monday to Friday: 8.45am-12/12.15pm
Monday to Friday: 1/1.15pm-3.15pm
Monday to Friday: 30 minutes lunch supervision
Expectations of the role:
- To contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities, including class based work, group teaching and individual pupil support in order to assist and support the work of qualified teachers
- To work within the statutory frameworks relevant to the role
The successful candidate will:
- Experience of working with primary school aged children in range of contexts
- Have a good level of literacy and mathematical skills
- Be dedicated to providing, alongside the class teacher, a secure and inspiring learning environment where children can thrive
- Be effective in establishing positive, professional relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- Be able to assist in the planning and preparation of resources
- Be responsible for keeping records and providing feedback to the class teacher in relation to children's progress and achievement
We can offer you a friendly, supportive school and opportunities for professional development.
Closing date: Friday 15 July 2022 Midday
Interview date: Tuesday 19 July 2022
Contact the school is much encouraged and warmly welcomed. Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school office on 01273 812463 or email@example.com
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £19,264 to £19,650 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 15 July 2022
- Ringmer Primary & Nursey School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education