Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 04 July 2022, 9 am
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Jarvis Brook School
Hadlow Down Road
Classroom Teacher - Jarvis Brook School
We are looking for an excellent primary practitioner to join our KS2 team at Jarvis Brook School from Term 1 2022. This full-time post is suitable for ECTs.
We are specifically looking for someone who can demonstrate great prosperity with Maths - able to teach it effectively and secure highly effective outcomes for learners.
We have an Ofsted ‘Good’ in all categories; we have clever, considerate, creative children and a great team of people to work alongside. We put the children at the centre of everything we do. We plan to play to your strengths and consider where you’d fit in with us best.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be someone who cares deeply about children and is passionate about them fulfilling their potential;
- have the ability to inspire, engage and enthuse young children through their learning;
- have high expectations for children’s achievement and behaviour;
- have a sound understanding of the new curriculum approaches and assessment procedures;
- have the capability to consistently and effectively use a range of strategies for teaching and classroom management;
- have high standards; a sense of humour - and the energy, enthusiasm and dedication to bring their very best to our school and our children!
At Jarvis Brook School we have:
- children who are a delight to teach;
- colleagues who are supportive, skilled and enjoy working as a team;
- highly trained and effective support staff;
- a wonderfully warm and welcoming atmosphere!
Visits to the school are always welcome. Come and see if Jarvis Brook School is the right place for you. If you are a caring, creative, child centred individual we’d love to hear from you.
Please call the School Office with any questions or to arrange a visit, or to discuss details of the post further with the Headteacher.
ECTs and experienced practitioners are welcome to apply!
Tenax Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and all applicants are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check. [More information on our recruitment checks can be found in the candidate pack for this post.]
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- Crowborough, East Sussex
- £25,714 to £36,961
- Closing date
- 4 July 2022
- Jarvis Brook School
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership