My child needs help learning English

If your home language is not English, your school can ask our English as an Additional Language Service (EALS) for support.

Contact your school for more information or visit the Local Offer website:

Types of support

  • Direct teaching support by an EAL specialist teacher
  • Support from a Bilingual Support Officer (BSO) who speaks your child’s home language
  • BSOs can also help the school to communicate with you in your home language

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.