School records

Each school keeps educational records of their pupils. They contain a log of

  • achievements
  • attendance
  • behaviour
  • letters you exchanged with the school

East Sussex County Council doesn’t hold individual school records.

When a child moves or changes school, their pupil file and education record should follow them to their new school.

If you need a record or information from a school which is permanently closed, you can make a request by contacting our Customer Service and Information Governance Officer. We may not have the record, but will do our best to help you find it.

You will find detailed information about accessing school records on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: Accessing pupils’ information - ICO

For contact details for schools, see find schools in East Sussex.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.