Common land

There are three ways to search the 'Register of Common Land and Village Greens'.

  • In person – the register can be searched in person for free by appointment. To make an appointment contact the Definitive Map team about searching the common land register.
  • Online – those who make regular searches may prefer to request details online from the National Land Information Service.
  • Ask us – for a small fee we can do the search for you. Applications must be made in writing. Find out more about common land register searches.

To search for common land or village greens in Brighton or Hove, contact Brighton & Hove City Council.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.