1. Home
  2. Children and families
  3. Teenagers and young people
  4. Safety and welfare
  5. Drug and alcohol services for children and young people

Drug and alcohol services for children and young people

This page is for you if you, or someone you care about is struggling with alcohol or drugs. This includes NPS (also known as legal highs), or any other substance.

If you work with children and young people, please see our referral page for professionals. 

Under 25s Substance Misuse Service

The Under 25s Substance Misuse Service works across East Sussex from various locations. Whenever possible we use settings that young people will feel comfortable in and can get to. There are staff like nurses and social workers in the team available to support young people.

You can make contact with us by phone or email.  

Our phoneline is open

  • Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and
  • Friday, 9am to 4.30pm

Or you self-refer via our online form

About you

To ensure you get the right support, our service may ask for information on your:

  • family and circumstances
  • your substance misuse and its impact on you. For example, on employment, education, and on your physical and/or mental health
  • your preferences. For example, the specific services you would like to receive. Or where you would prefer to receive them.

For more information about we use your data, your rights and how to complain, please read our privacy notice.

Drugs helpline

Talk to Frank has a telephone line which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is for parents, carers and young people. It is funded by the Department of Health. 

  • Phone: 0300 123 6600
  • SMS contact: 82111

Other services that can help

You can get information and advice from your GP or school: 

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.