Help to improve care services – the People Bank
Join the People Bank
This is your chance to get your voice heard, and use your knowledge and experience to help influence the way that social care for adults is provided in East Sussex.
You can register to get involved as much or as little as you wish, focusing on the subjects that you care about most, whatever your circumstances.
- One-off – completing surveys, ‘mystery shopping’ our services, commenting on plans or leaflets, taking part in focus groups or workshops.
- Short-term – join a working group for a project which will finish on a specific date.
- Long-term – interviewing people for us, to ask about their views of our services, or join a Partnership Board or Tendering Panel.
Learn more and see examples of recent activities that our members have been involved with on the People Bank website.
Just fill in our online form to tell us exactly which topics you’re most interested in and how you’d prefer to contribute. If you know anyone else who would be interested, we can send you details by post.
The form deliberately asks detailed questions – this saves you time in the long run as it means we’ll only contact you about things that you want to know about! Allow five minutes to complete.
We’ll let you know what happens next by sending you a welcome letter or email, whichever you prefer, within ten working days.
How it works
We’ll match your skills, experience and preferences with the appropriate opportunities and topics as they arise. For example, if you’d like to join workshops or events, and have experience of or interest in housing issues, we would invite you to attend a housing event.
You can leave at any time, and we’ll ask for your feedback every autumn to make sure you want to continue.
We value your skills and experience
We want to make it easier for you to give us your thoughts and ideas. This means:
- if you have a disability we’ll help to make sure you can take part
- we can provide participation training to help if you need it and will keep you updated with other training opportunities you may be interested in, when they become available
- some activities may also carry a small financial reward
- we’ll keep you updated about what else is going on, with feedback about our services and other survey results
If you’re already involved with Adult Social Care
Many of you might already be involved in one way or another, such as attending meetings or joining forums.
We will co-ordinate the People Bank to help make better use of your time and effort, taking account of your preferences and making sure you’re not asked to do more than you want. It will help our staff involve people more fairly when they volunteer their skills, experience and time.
If you have any questions or would like a copy of this form posted to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Phone: 01273 481565
Email: ASC Consultations