NHS Health Checks in East Sussex
If you are aged between 40 and 74, you may be eligible for a free NHS Health Check. This can help you live a longer and healthier life.
The NHS Health Check programme aims to prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease. If you are eligible and don’t already have one of these conditions, you’ll be invited to a check-up once every five years.
How to get your free NHS Health Check
GP practices in East Sussex will be offering the NHS Health Check to everyone who is eligible over the next few years. Look out for your invitation from your GP, and make sure you take up the offer when it comes.
Speak to your GP to find out more.
If you can’t access your health check at your GP practice then ‘One You East Sussex’ provide NHS Health Checks across East Sussex. Simply visit One You East Sussex or phone 01323 404 600 to find more.
What happens at a Health Check?
- The check will take no longer than 30 minutes.
- You will be asked some simple questions about your family history and any medication you’re taking.
- Your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity will be recorded.
- Your blood pressure will be taken.
- A simple blood test will be done to check your cholesterol and in some cases, your blood sugar levels.
- You will be given personalised advice on how to lower your risk and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.