We have commissioned the following 3 services for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual community (LGBTQ+).
Services for Adults
Support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people. Includes specialist services for these groups:
- older people, those aged 50+
- domestic abuse, supporting victims and survivors
- dementia support, supporting those with dementia or concerned about memory loss
- trans and non-binary people
- Grief Encounters, a peer support group for those who have experienced a bereavement.
Phone: 01273 204050
Providing specialist mental health and wellbeing support for LGBTQ+ people, including:
- mental health advocacy
- peer support group work and peer mentoring
- telephone befriending
- daily and out of hours online support
- suicide prevention initiatives
- trans and non-binary specific and specialist support
- volunteering opportunities.
Phone: 01273 234839
Services for children and young adults
Allsorts Youth Project
Support for children and young people under 26 who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or exploring their sexual orientation and/or gender identity (LGBTQ+), and their families.
Phone: 01273 721100
Website: Allsorts Youth Project
Search ESCIS directory (East Sussex Community Information Service) for both adult and youth LGBTQ+ support groups and organisations.