Healthy Ageing through Innovation in Rural Europe (HAIRE)
Healthy Ageing through Innovation in Rural Europe (HAIRE) is a project funded by Interreg 2 Seas and the EU’s European Regional Development Fund. It is led by the Social Innovation Group at the University of Exeter and is currently scheduled to run until September 2022.
East Sussex County Council and Rother Voluntary Action are among a team of 15 project partners from across the UK, France, Belgium and Netherlands, supported by 20 ‘observer partners’ and the Joint Secretariat from Interreg.
HAIRE will work with older people in Robertsbridge and Rye to develop and test systems that empower and enable older people to:
- define what support they need
- participate in the design and delivery of services
- develop solutions for themselves, supported by the voluntary, private and public sectors.
To help do this, the project will develop a novel ‘HAIRE toolkit’ that will help local people and organisations find out about each other and their communities in new ways. This understanding will be used to:
- reduce isolation and loneliness and improve wellbeing in the 60+ age group
- increase active participation of older people and the voluntary sector in service design and delivery
- increase collaboration between local agencies and Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations (VCSOs)
- create new models of service delivery
- achieve widespread change to models of delivery across the 2Seas area and beyond.
As part of the Ageing Well Digital Festival 2020, the project ran a series of one-hour events around the themes of healthy ageing. Please see our events page: HAIRE Ageing Well Festival events.
We have two exciting volunteer opportunities to help develop and test a new Life Transitions Service.
We are looking for people to be a part of this exciting new development that aims to improve the lives of older people.
You don’t need to be an expert on any ‘life transition’ – you just need be keen to be part of a new project and be someone who wants to play a part in improving people’s lives.
Come and get involved, meet new people and share your experience and thoughts. Learn new skills and help make a positive difference to people’s lives now and in the future.
For more information about the roles, read our volunteer opportunities leaflet [209.8 KB] [pdf].
To find out more or to get involved: