Local Transport Plan 3
Local Transport Plan 3 (LTP3) sets out how we plan to improve transport and maintain the roads between 2011 and 2026.
It includes our plans for regeneration and development in priority areas such as:
- Bexhill and Hastings
- Eastbourne and South Wealden
LTP3 also contains our plans for transport in:
- Lewes, the south coast towns and the South Downs
- Battle, Rye and rural Rother
- North Wealden and North Lewes districts
If you require a copy of LTP3 or the full Implementation Plan 2016 to 2021 please contact the team via email:
Vision and objectives
Our aim is to develop an effective, well-managed transport infrastructure with improved travel choices.
We want to make East Sussex a prosperous county by:
- helping businesses to thrive
- delivering better access to jobs and services
- creating safer, healthier, more sustainable and inclusive communities
Transport contributes to a wide range of other policies and plans. Our high-level objectives are to:
- improve economic competitiveness and growth
- improve safety, health and security
- tackle climate change
- improve accessibility and enhance social inclusion
- improve quality of life
Our ten specific transport objectives are set out in Chapter 2 of the plan.
Consultation on LTP3
We asked what you thoughts about the proposed LPT3. This consultation ended in January 2011.
If you require a copy of Appendix F of the Local Transport Plan 3 – consultation comments and responses please contact the team via email via,
- Email: Transport Planning
Major transport schemes
For major schemes in East Sussex, including the A259 corridor and Bexhill Hastings link road, see our pages,
For more information about the Local Transport Plan
Email: Transport Planning
If you require any of the documents listed below please contact the team via email, and specify which ones you require,
Email: Transport Planning
- LTP3 appendix A – Environmental Report summary
- Non-technical summary of the environmental report
- LTP3 appendix B – Equality Impact Assessment summary
- A summary of the Equality Impact Assessment
- LTP3 appendix C – Environmental Report
- The full, revised environmental report, on the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of LTP3.
- LTP3 appendix D – Equality Impact Assessment
- A report on the effect, or likely effect, LTP3 policies will have on different groups in the community.
- LTP3 appendix E – Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) – Screening report
A report on the possible effects of LTP3 policies on internationally important nature sites.
- LTP3 appendix F – Consultation comments and responses
- Analysis of the comments we received through consultation on the development of LTP3.
- LTP3 background paper A – Wider context
- Report on the wider context of LTP3 and other County Council, local and national policies.
- LTP3 background paper B – Local picture
- Local issues and opportunities including economic, social and environmental impacts
- LTP3 background paper C – Strategy options
- An overview of the different strategy options which were considered during development of LTP3.
- LTP3 background paper D – Strategy context
- The background and local context in which our strategy was developed.