Local Transport Plan 3
Local Transport Plan 3 (LTP3) sets out how we plan to improve transport and maintain the roads between 2011 and 2026.
It includes our plans for regeneration and development in priority areas such as:
- Bexhill and Hastings
- Eastbourne and South Wealden
LTP3 also contains our plans for transport in:
- Lewes, the south coast towns and the South Downs
- Battle, Rye and rural Rother
- North Wealden and North Lewes districts
Vision and objectives
Our aim is to develop an effective, well-managed transport infrastructure with improved travel choices.
We want to make East Sussex a prosperous county by:
- helping businesses to thrive
- delivering better access to jobs and services
- creating safer, healthier, more sustainable and inclusive communities
Transport contributes to a wide range of other policies and plans. Our high-level objectives are to:
- improve economic competitiveness and growth
- improve safety, health and security
- tackle climate change
- improve accessibility and enhance social inclusion
- improve quality of life
Our transport objectives are set out in Chapter 2 of the plan.
You can download a copy of LTP3 or the Implementation Plans below:
Local Transport Plan main document [1.9 MB] [pdf]
LTP3 Implementation Plan 2011/12 - 2015/16 [890.0 KB] [pdf]
LTP3 Implementation Plan 2016/16 - 2020/21 [2.5 MB] [pdf]
Please note: we know that these files might not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
If you need a file in an accessible format, please contact us. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The following appendices are also available on request:
- LTP3 appendix A – Environmental Report summary
- Non-technical summary of the environmental report
- LTP3 appendix B – Equality Impact Assessment summary
- A summary of the Equality Impact Assessment
- LTP3 appendix C – Environmental Report
- The full, revised environmental report, on the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of LTP3.
- LTP3 appendix D – Equality Impact Assessment
- A report on the effect, or likely effect, LTP3 policies will have on different groups in the community.
- LTP3 appendix E – Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) – Screening report
A report on the possible effects of LTP3 policies on internationally important nature sites.
- LTP3 appendix F – Consultation comments and responses
- Analysis of the comments we received through consultation on the development of LTP3.
- LTP3 background paper A – Wider context
- Report on the wider context of LTP3 and other County Council, local and national policies.
- LTP3 background paper B – Local picture
- Local issues and opportunities including economic, social and environmental impacts
- LTP3 background paper C – Strategy options
- An overview of the different strategy options which were considered during development of LTP3.
- LTP3 background paper D – Strategy context
- The background and local context in which our strategy was developed.