1. Home
  2. Parking
  3. Parking permits
  4. Hastings parking permits
  5. Permit parking zones, hours of control and permit waiting lists

Permit parking zones, hours of control and permit waiting lists

Find out what parking zone you live in and where you can park. Hastings parking zones -

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and L [1.7 MB] [pdf]

J, K, O, S and W [1.0 MB] [pdf]

Permits restrictions (the times when you can park with a valid permit) apply as follows:

  • Zones A, B, C, D, E and F – 9am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday
  • Zone G  – 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday (a section of Stonefield Road north of Milward Road allows D and G permits, 9am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday, please check signs) 
  • Zone H - 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday (north-eastern side of Lower Park Road 9am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday, please check signs)
  • Zone I - 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
  • Zone J - 8am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)
  • Zones K and L – 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
  • Zone O – 3pm to 7pm, Monday to Saturday
  • Zone S – 11am to 1pm, Monday to Friday
  • Zone W – 9am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday

Parking charges apply on public and bank holidays. You do not need a permit or to pay for parking on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.

Is there a permit waiting list?

If the demand for permits exceeds availability a waiting list will be implemented.

There are currently no waiting lists for permits in Hastings.

New developments

A permit may not be issued if the address is part of a large development with off street parking.

In some circumstances parking permits will not be issued to residents of specific properties. These are generally dwellings with no or limited off street parking where ESCC (East Sussex County Council) has advised the planning authorities that, in the event that planning permission is granted for those dwellings, no or restricted permits will be issued by ESCC. The Traffic Regulation Order may include a clause to this effect. It is necessary to have such a clause to better manage increasing on street parking demand that would otherwise result from development that does not provide for adequate parking facilities.

What if my vehicle is not registered in the UK?

Motorists of any non UK registered vehicles will only be issued with a permit for a maximum of six months. Foreign vehicles that remain in the UK for longer than six months are required to register with the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) or obtain a customs exemption certificate from HMRC (His Majesty's Revenue and Customs).

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.