1. Home
  2. Parking
  3. Parking permits
  4. Eastbourne parking permits
  5. Parking zones and hours of control - Eastbourne

Parking zones and hours of control - Eastbourne

Eastbourne parking zones  A,B, G, N, S [1.0 MB] [pdf] and  J, M, R [923.3 KB] [pdf] - Find out what parking zone you live in and where you can park.

Permit restrictions (the times when you can park with a valid permit) apply as follows:

  • Zones A, G and S – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday, except the seafront and Wilmington Square which are Monday to Sunday.
  • Zone M – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday
  • Zone N, Seafront and Wilmington Square, 8am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday
  • Zones J - 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
  • Zone R – 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
  • Zone B – 11am to 1pm, Monday to Friday

Parking charges and permit restrictions apply on public and bank holidays. You do not need a permit or to pay for parking on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.

Is there a permit waiting list?

If the demand for permits exceeds availability a waiting list will be implemented.

There are currently no waiting lists for permits in Eastbourne.

New developments

A permit may not be issued if the address is part of a large development with off street parking.

In some circumstances parking permits will not be issued to residents of specific properties. These are generally dwellings with no or limited off street parking where East Sussex County Council (ESCC) has advised the planning authorities that should planning permission be granted for those dwellings no or restricted permits will be issued by ESCC. The Traffic Regulation Order may include a clause to this effect. It is necessary to have such a clause to better manage increasing on street parking demand that would otherwise result from development that does not provide for adequate parking facilities.

What if my vehicle is not registered in the UK?

Motorists of any non UK registered vehicles will only be issued with a permit for a maximum of six months. Foreign vehicles that remain in the UK for longer than six months are required to register with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency or obtain a customs exemption certificate from His Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.