Teaching Assistant L3 - Primary Phase
Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Term-time only etc.
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Thursday 01 December 2022
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 5 December 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 3) – PRIMARY (CAVENDISH SCHOOL)
32.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Term Time Only (incl INSET days)
Single Status Grade 4 Points 9-10
Salary £21,189 - £21,575 pro rata
Actual Pay £16,008 - £16,300
Starting date: January 2023
Closing date: 9am Thursday 1 December 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 5 December 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 3 with an interest in supporting pupils’ learning in our Primary Phase.
The Head of Phase is looking for highly motivated, committed professionals who are passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- A strong and visionary leadership
- To be part of a vibrant community
- To be part of an exciting new environment in our all-through campus.
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
- The ideal candidate will:
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
- Have the ability and determination to ensure excellent progress and to raise standards.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards
- Inspire, challenge and motivate our pupils
- Have the potential to get the best out of our pupils and can forge positive relationships with children.
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
- Working under the professional guidance of senior staff (primary and secondary phase) to implement work programmes for individuals/groups which could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas.
- Providing high quality, inclusive, learning experiences and care for all the children.
- To liaise and interact effectively with the teaching staff, parents and carers in order to enable access to learning.
- To support achievement and progress.
- To promote the welfare of all children.
- To share good practice in the classroom setting and at play/lunchtimes.
- To give one to one SEN pupil support and mentoring.
- To support newly appointed staff.
Please download the application form and further details from our website.
https://www.cavendishtrust.co.uk/vacancies - under Cavendish School
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. email@example.com
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £21,189 - £21,575 per annum
- Closing date
- The Cavendish School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education