Salary: £18,516 - £18,887 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Fixed Term
Working pattern: Full or Part-Time
Closing date:Thursday 29 September 2022
How to apply: For more information or a candidate pack, please email email@example.com or call the school office on 01892 625405. Further details can also be found at www.fermorschool.org.uk/vacancies/
Sir Henry Fermor C of E Primary School is a thriving two form entry primary school in the heart of Crowborough.
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, firm and caring individual to support the class teacher in developing the children’s learning.
The successful applicant would ideally have experience of working or volunteering in a school environment with knowledge of using strategies to ensure high expectations for all. Experience of specific learning needs e.g SEMH, ASD would be beneficial. You should be able to work well in teams and be able to liaise and communicate professionally with parents and our wider community.
We are inviting applications from candidates who:
- Have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or volunteering in a school
- Have a passion and enthusiasm to work in this role and potentially a career in education
- Have a proven track record of effective management of children
- Have at least an English and Maths GCSEs and are ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Are working towards or have gained a Teaching Assistant Qualification
- We would also welcome candidates who have previous teaching experience and or are qualified to degree level and have a desire to train to teach.
We can offer:
- A supportive and welcoming team
- Opportunities for personal development through our Trust CPD programme
- A supported route into teaching (for those expressing an aptitude for this career) through our Trust’s Outstanding School Centred Teacher Training programme (SCITT).
- Term time working arrangements with a monthly salary.
- A fulfilling and rewarding opportunity working with and developing our young people in our wonderful school.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:30 to 15:30 (32.5 hours) or 8:30 to 13:30 (25 hours). Term time only. Additional hours may be available at a later date.
We strongly encourage you to visit our school website https://www.fermorschool.org.uk/ to find out more about our school, our ethos and look at some examples of our provision. Visits to our school are also strongly recommended. Please contact the school office on 01892 652405 to arrange.
Tenax Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and all applicants are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Grade 3 SS5 - Grade 3 SS7 - FTE £18,516 to £18,887 (Pro-rata £13,806 to £14,082, working 39 weeks a year for 32.5 hours or £10,602 - £10,832)
Closing date: Friday 30 September 2022 (Midnight)
Interviews: w/c 3 October 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £18,516 - £18,887 per annum pro rata
- Closing date
- Sir Henry Fermor C of E Primary School
- Contract type
- Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Full Time or Part Time
- 25 or 32.5
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership