Hours of work: 37 per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 4 September 2022
Interview date: Friday 16 September 2022
For an informal discussion, please contact Jason Harding-Swale - Senior EP on 07912 788469 or Sam Kelly - Senior EP on 07709 719632 .
A new opportunity to join our creative, dynamic, and growing Educational Psychology Service in East Sussex based at St Leonards on Sea, Lewes or Eastbourne. Second and Third Year Trainee Educational Psychologists are very welcome to apply as well as more experienced colleagues.
We are particularly interested in Educational Psychologists who:
· Seek to empower other people to take an active role in creating positive change
· Enjoy using positive, solution-focused, strengths-based approaches
· Enable children and young people to participate in decisions that affect them
· Work in partnership with parents, carers, and families
· Actively promote educational and social inclusion
· Have a holistic and systemic approach to educational psychology
· Generate practice-based evidence of effectiveness and research
· Place a high value on personal well-being and the wellbeing of the team.
- A wide variety of interesting work, including a balance of core, traded and statutory work
- Protected time for early intervention and prevention projects
- Opportunity to be involved in the training and supervision of Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSAs) and in the support of five Mental Health Support Teams
- A high level of autonomy
- A learning organisation with opportunities to supervise trainees
- An innovative and friendly team, skilled in using dynamic assessment, person-centred approaches and consultation
- A good range of whole service and individual CPD, including VIG training and supervision
- Regular peer group supervision
- Opportunities for taking a lead role within an area of expertise or interest
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home where appropriate
- Excellent benefits, including a generous travel allowance and full payment of HCPC fees
- A beautiful and varied environment, including coastal, rural and urban, with each presenting unique challenges and rewards
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £40,838 to £50,584
- Closing date
- 4 September 2022
- East Sussex County Council
- Children Services
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Education and Learning