Hours of work: 16.25 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and Term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 2 September 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Baird Primary Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Nursery Practitioner - The Baird Primary Academy
Working Pattern: Part time 16.5 hours per week.
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £7,337.85
Do you have the qualifications and caring approach to succeed in our nursery team?
We are looking for a caring, friendly and dedicated qualified Nursery Practitioner to join our team in providing a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment, which allows our children to develop and grow.
To succeed in this, you will:
- Provide high-quality care and education to our children
- Participate in a range of activities that promotes each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs
- Promote the philosophy of ‘Learning, Playing and Interacting’
You will have:
- NVQ Level 3 or relevant qualification equivalent in Early Years Foundation Stage
- A current Paediatric First Aid course, or evidence of working towards this qualification
- Excellent communication skills with children, team members and parents and carers.
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly practises that support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools. Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About The Baird Primary Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2019)
The Baird Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in Hasting, East Sussex. We focus on developing our pupils love of learning so they can ‘fly high’. In 2019 we were presented with the Marjorie Boxall Quality Mark Award for our outstanding nurturing environment and inclusive provision. Our creative curriculum engages pupils with personalised learning and practical experiences. We have two classes in each year group welcoming children from our local community. We also hosts a nursery for children aged from 3 years. Visit The Baird Primary Academy website
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex. Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us.
We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about this opportunity. To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Julie lacy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 2 September 2022
Interview date:9 September 2022
Proposed start date: 23 September 2022
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- Closing date
- 2 September 2022
- The Baird Primary Academy
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education