Teacher of ICT
Hours of work: 19.5 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 16 December 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Teacher of ICT - Rye College
Our Academy, Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of ICT to join our highly-motivated team on a permanent basis at 3 days per week (0.6 FTE of Directed Time) from September 2022. Salary pro-rata.
Our aim is to challenge every learner to exceed their own expectations of themselves; create a can-do culture and the resilience to excel; include all members of our community through shared endeavour; and nurture diverse skills, talents and abilities whilst celebrating excellence.
We welcome applications from Early Careers Teachers looking for their first placement in schools.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent ICT Teacher to Pupils of all abilities in Key Stage 3 & 4
- Have a love of the profession and desire and ability to convey this to students
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities
- Be committed to continuing professional learning
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances
- A School in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our college prior to
Rye Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £25,714 to £41,604 per annum
- Closing date
- Rye College
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership