Teaching Assistant 3 to include MDSA
Hours of work: 12 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.65 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 1 Year
Closing date: Thursday 7 July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Punnetts Town CP School, Battle Road, Punnetts Town, Heathfield, TN21 9DE
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Teaching Assistant 3 / MDSA
Punnetts Town Community Primary School is a small, village school on the outskirts of Heathfield. We are a friendly, hardworking and supportive school with a fantastic staff.
We are privileged to have Little Punnetts Pre–school on site, which allows us to offer education from 2 – 11 years. We believe that childhood is a precious time, and this underpins our aim to nurture our children's creativity, encourage their social development and create a love of learning within a culture of high expectations. We have 109 pupils on roll.
We are currently developing our forest school area to enable us to embrace and support outdoor learning.
We are delighted to be able to offer the opportunity for a Teaching Assistant 3 to join our team on an exciting journey starting in September 2022.
The position is a fixed term contract for 1 year until 21 July 2023 and is for 12 hours per week Monday and Tuesday term time only. The role includes MDSA duties. Hours 8.45am - 11.45am TA3 12.15 - 1.15pm MDSA 1.15pm to 3.15pm TA3.
TA 3 Salary £19,264 to £19,650 pro-rata, Part Time,Term Time Only
MDSA Salary £18,333 Pro-rata, Part Time, Term Time Only
The successful candidate will already have a TA qualification or equivalent experience working as a TA in a school or in a childcare setting as well as GCSE English and Maths.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be able to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of all pupils, including, but not exclusively, those with special educational needs. You will be able to work with groups and individuals as required.
The successful candidate will:
• Aid pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own.
• Establish supportive relationships with the pupil(s) concerned
• Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil(s) with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
• Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes. Give feedback on achievements in order to reinforce and develop self reliance and self esteem, including marking children’s work
• Support the pupil(s) in developing social skills both in and out of the Classroom
• Support the use of ICT in learning activities.
Internal candidates may consider a temporary uplift to their existing part time hours.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working with children
- Is patient and understanding
- Is committed to helping children achieve their best
- Has good levels of competency in Maths and English
- Has experience in working within a school or childcare setting
- Has knowledge of EYFS and National curriculum
- Is able to make accurate observations and contribute to the EYFS profiles
- Is able to support pupils in year 1
We can offer you:
- A supportive, enthusiastic staff team of practitioners
- Opportunities to further develop as a practitioner
- A vibrant, friendly and well-resourced working environment.
- Governors who are committed to continuous improvement.
Candidates wishing to visit the school and/or have an informal chat before deciding whether or not to apply are very welcome to do so. Please telephone the Bursar/Secretary, Mrs Anita Saunders on 01435 830361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org An application pack can also be requested from the school office.
Completed application forms should be returned to the School Office by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Thursday 7 July, with interviews taking place on Monday 11 July
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £18,333 to £19,650
- Closing date
- 7 July 2022
- Punnetts Town CP School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education