BESPOKE - for Lansdown Children's Centre staff
First Aid / Health and Safety
The Emergency First Aid at Work course provides an excellent introduction to the basic principles of First Aid, and trains you to take control of a first aid situation in the workplace in the absence of a fully trained First Aider (see First Aid at Work).
The course tutor will assess you throughout the course, through multiple choice papers and observations. Upon completion, First Aid Awards will provide a certificate.
At the end of the course trainees must demonstrate the skills and knowledge learnt during the course, when there will be some hands-on floor work.
This will include demonstration of delegates' CPR skills, including chest compressions. Please note that if you ae unable for any reason to demonstrate those skills to a satisfactory degree you will not be able to pass the course and you will not receive a certificate.
Your certificate will last for 3 years.
Please consult the ESCC First Aid policy which sets out how many trained First Aiders are required and what their responsibilities are.
Emergency First Aid at Work covers a range of topics within its syllabus including:
- the Health and Safety (first aid) regulations
- managing incidents
- priorities of First Aid
- treatment of unconscious casualties
- and other common workplace injuries
Please note - Freedom Leisure guidance:
We are delighted that we can return to delivering First Aid Courses, but we must make sure that you are all safe to do so. Therefore, we ask that you read and follow the guidance below at all times for the duration of this course
Adhere to the information provided by the venue
We believe that if we all follow these simple measures, we will provide a safe course environment for customers and trainers. However, if you think there is more that we can do, please speak to your tutor.
We have adapted our delivery of first aid in line with HSE guidelines. As with all first aid, there is an element of interaction with others. However, we have compiled risk assessments based on this and have minimised the risk as much as possible and have done what we can to safeguard our course attendees and tutors throughout each course.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser.
- Wearing a face covering/mask is optional.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands before and after every theory/practical session
- If you use any shared equipment such manikins, auto injector pens etc, please clean them before and after use.
- Please respect the tutor, we are governed by HSE. They will not ask you to do anything that they do not need to see. Please note, rescue breaths into a manikin do need to be seen. There are clear cleaning regimes, you will each be given a face mask and we dispose of the ‘lungs’ within the manikin after each training session.
- If you have any concerns about the safety of yourself or colleagues, please report this to your line manager immediately.
- A full copy of our risk assessment is available if required.
1 day ahead of the start date