ESCC – Multiply Project
Bite sized course - Basic Spreadsheets for the workplace (6 hours)
- An introduction to basic EXCEL (Spreadsheets) course that will make your work life easier. It will support you to:
- Better understand how you can use spreadsheets to complete calculations quickly and accurately.
- Record and filter data.
- Create charts and graphs to support reporting.
- You will need to be 19 or over.
- You will not have level 2 maths
- GCSE grade 4 to 9 in Maths
- CSE grade 1
- Functional Skills level 2
- You unsure of your Maths result but think it was lower than a level 2 (details above) and want to improve your maths skills
- You will be employed.
- You will live or work in East Sussex
- There is no cost for this course as it is fully funded through the government MULTIPLY project.
Help for your employer:
- As part of the MULTIPLY project, we will pay your employer £120 once you have completed the 6 hours – this is to support them with any release time you may need etc.
How will it be delivered?
- Delivered over 2 weeks.
- 2 x 1 ½ hour online group taught sessions.
- 2 x 1 ½ hour tutor directed workbook activities that can be completed at a flexible time suitable to you.
- There will be open drop-in sessions when a tutor will be available to support you if you need them.
When will it be delivered?
- Various dates starting week commencing 20th of March.
What do I need?
- A basic understanding of using a computer.
- Access to a computer to attend the course and to complete work on spreadsheets.
How do I enrol?
- Contact us on AQT@eastsussex.gov.uk for enrolment paperwork and further information.
If the course currently on offer is not suitable, we will be happy to discuss with you embedding another area of Maths into a new course for your staff.
We are open to any suggestions that you might have and want to work with you to create the most valuable Multiply courses that we can.
The same eligibility requirements would apply:
• Eligibility –
19+ learners who do not have maths level 2 qualification or who have qualification that is more than 5 years old and show a need to improve skills in weight and liquid measurement - (If a manager refers a member of their team, we will support them via this course.)
You will need to be have an employer in order to access this training.
Please contact us on AQT@eastsussex.gov.uk if you would like to know more or if you have any comments or suggestions.