Our contact centres
Our contact centres' telephones are open 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays) unless stated otherwise:
- Switchboard – 0345 608 0190 (8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8am to 4.30pm on Friday)
- Adult social care – 0345 608 0191 (8am to 8pm, seven days a week)
- Children and families – 0345 608 0192 (10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday)
- Highways: roads, pavements and paths – 0345 608 0193 (24 hours a day)
- Buses – 0345 608 0194 - Press 1
- Waste – 0345 608 0194 - Press 2 (9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday)
- Library enquiries – 0345 608 0196 (10am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday)
- Trading Standards – 0345 608 0197
- Registration service – 0345 608 0198 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Switchboard from overseas – +44 (0)1273 336 000
Adult social care – Emergency Duty Service
If an adult urgently needs help between 8pm and 8am, please call 0345 608 0191 and select menu option 2 to connect to our Out of Hours Emergency Service.
Children’s services – Emergency Duty Service
Call the Emergency Duty Service out of hours from 5pm to 8.30am (after 4.30pm on Fridays) and during the weekends and bank holidays if you have a serious concern about a child’s welfare that cannot wait until the following working day.
This out of hours service covers East Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
- 01273 335906 or
- 01273 335905
School closures: Please do not call the above telephone numbers about school closures or the home to schools transport service. The Emergency Duty Service is for social care emergencies only – headteachers can report decisions about schools closures on Czone.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.