1. Home
  2. Community
  3. Housing
  4. Help with your housing and staying in your own home

Help with your housing and staying in your own home

There are services to help you if you are:

  • at risk of losing your home due to domestic abuse, relationship breakdown, money or health issues
  • already homeless or living in temporary accommodation, such as a bed and breakfast or hostel
  • living in poor quality or unsuitable accommodation

This includes help to manage your housing issues – from debts and benefits, repairs, landlords and neighbours – to getting support to manage your mental health or substance misuse.

Don’t put it off – it is never too soon to ask for help.

The East Sussex Floating Support Service is a free and confidential housing support service.

For people aged 16-59, you will need to be referred by a professional. 

For people aged 60+ you can self-refer.

The service offers short-term advice and support to help you:

  • look into more suitable accommodation
  • deal with tenancy, rent and mortgage worries
  • keep warm and reduce energy bills
  • ensure your home is safe
  • manage household bills and housing related debts
  • obtain daily living equipment

How to contact the East Sussex Floating Support Service

Referral enquiries e-mail: esfssreferrals@bht.org.uk

General enquiries telephone number: 01273 929394

To find out more, visit: East Sussex Floating Support Service

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.