Terms and conditions for purchase orders
Our standard terms and conditions applied to purchase orders
- All invoices will be settled within 30 days from receipt of invoice, subject to satisfactory receipt of goods.
- The contractor must notify the site manager of the intention to execute works and must obtain the site manager’s approval before commencing work.
- The contractor must carry public liability insurance cover as appropriate to the goods or services being provided. Evidence of such cover must be made available upon request.
- Where a purchase order confirms a formal contract, terms and conditions applying to the contract take precedence and the full insurance requirement required by the Council becomes effective.
- The official order number must be quoted on all invoices relating to this order otherwise payment may be delayed.
- A delivery advice note must accompany each delivery of goods and must bear the order number.
Terms and conditions
Please note: we know these files might not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you use assistive technology such as a screen reader, please email our Procurement team and we will do our best to help.
- OPL terms and conditions for the supply of goods, version 1.2 East Sussex County Council (November 2022, not accessible) [189.4 KB] [pdf]
- OPL terms and conditions for supply of services, version 1.2 East Sussex County Council (November 2022, not accessible) [214.9 KB] [pdf]
Additional terms and conditions for school purchase orders
- Prior arrangements need to be made before effecting delivery during main school holidays
- All invoices, acknowledgement notes and statements must be sent to the delivery point
Examples of our standard contracts are available on request by emailing our Procurement team.