Get advice about money


Coronavirus help and support

If you need extra help in coping with the effects of coronavirus, see our pages on Coronavirus – help and support.

Find out about changes and disruption to adult social care services.

1. Independent financial advice

Talking to a specialist independent financial adviser may help you to understand your funding options, and make the right choices at the right time, especially if you’re thinking about paying for long-term care and support.

You could find advice from an independent adviser helpful if you:

  • Already live in a care home and you’re paying for care from your income and savings
  • Are acting as an attorney or deputy and looking after someone else’s financial affairs in any of the above circumstances
  • Think you are likely to need care and support in the future: for example, if you have a long term condition like Multiple Sclerosis.

Print entire guide