Working with an Adult Social Care client

A range of teams in Adult Social Care support people with care and support needs in East Sussex:

  • Neighbourhood Support Teams: assess people’s care needs and arrange support. A social worker from this team may arrange a PA on behalf of the client.
  • Occupational therapists: can assess whether a client’s home is safe and recommend adjustments.
  • Mental Health teams: supports clients with mental health difficulties, including dementia and substance misuse. This may include help with housing, and the legal system.
  • Learning Disabilities teams: provides support tailored for clients with a learning disability. They can also help find suitable housing.
  • Health and Social Care Connect: is our contact centre. You can contact us for advice from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.  Contact Adult Social Care and Health

If you are a personal assistant supporting one of our clients, you are likely to have contact with one of these teams. For example, when setting up care arrangements or informing them that a client’s care needs have changed.

Clients who receive direct payments

Many clients pay for their services using direct payments. This is a budget which Adult Social Care gives the client so they can organise and buy their own care and support.

You can find out more about how clients use direct payments to employ a personal assistant in our guide: Direct payments.

PeoplePlus and Independent Lives are our direct payment support services. These are services commissioned by the council to support clients who employ a personal assistant.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.