1. Home
  2. Adult social care and health
  3. Benefits
  4. Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme (DESSS)

Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme (DESSS)

Latest: DESSS scheme

Please be aware that we can no longer help with rent payments, furniture or white goods.

2. Can I get help?

You have to live in East Sussex (which does not include Brighton & Hove). You must be aged 16 years or over.

You must either have a low income or receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

If you are able to cover this need yourself or there is another way that you could do so, DESSS will not be able to help you.

Related information