Parking zones and hours of control - Rye


There are some temporary changes to parking and permits during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, see: Temporary changes to parking and the libraries reopening plan.

The parking scheme in Rother is now live. For more details see our information about permits, on street parking and Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)s.

We are aware of some problems using NSL Apply when using Internet Explorer (IE) to apply or pay for permits. Microsoft are discontinuing IE next year and are no longer supporting it. We recommend using a different browser. If you need any help with a permit application contact the customer service team.

Rye parking zones A and B – Find out what parking zone you live in and where you can park.

Permit restrictions (the times when you can park with a valid permit) apply as follows:

  • Zone A – 9am to 6pm Monday to Sunday
  • Zone B – 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday

Parking charges and permit restrictions apply on public and bank holidays. You do not need a permit or to pay for parking on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.

Is there a waiting list?

If the demand for permits exceeds availability a waiting list will be implemented.

New developments

A permit may not be issued if the address is part of a large development with off street parking.

In some circumstances parking permits will not be issued to residents of specific properties. These are generally dwellings with no or limited off street parking where ESCC has advised the planning authorities that should planning permission be granted for those dwellings no or restricted permits will be issued by ESCC. The Traffic Regulation Order may include a clause to this effect. It is necessary to have such a clause to better manage increasing on street parking demand that would otherwise result from development that does not provide for adequate parking facilities.

What if my vehicle is not registered in the UK?

Motorists of any non UK registered vehicles will only be issued with a permit for a maximum of six months. Foreign vehicles that remain in the UK for longer than six months are required to register with the DVLA or obtain a customs exemption certificate from HMRC.