Resident permits - Eastbourne


See our Christmas and New Year parking arrangements for Lewes district, Eastbourne and Hastings.

Apply for or renew a resident parking permit online

Am I entitled to a resident permit?

Residents are entitled up to two resident parking permits per property, allowing you to park in the zone where you live, if you are:

  • a permanent resident at an address within the controlled parking zone and
  • the registered keeper of the vehicle.

You will need to provide proof of this with your permit application.

Find out which documents we will accept - resident permit proof of eligibility.

Permits are virtual and linked to the vehicle registration number.

Where can I park?

Download a map of Eastbourne parking zones A, B, G, N and S or zones J, M and R.

You can park in shared use and permit holder only bays within the correct zone for your permit. There is no time limit.

Having a permit does not guarantee you a parking space.

Resident permits are not valid in any off-street car park.

Charges for resident permits

The table below shows the permit charges.

1st permit 2nd permit
  12 months 6 months 3 months 12 months 6 months 3 months
Resident £25 £15 £8 £75 £38 £19

Resident blue badge holder

£5 n/a n/a £5 n/a n/a

If you are a blue badge holder you can purchase a permit at the reduced cost of £5 by providing a copy of your valid blue badge when applying.

Once you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved you can pay online or alternatively by cash, cheque (payable to ‘ESCC’) or credit or debit card at one of these libraries:

There is a £5 administration fee for processing refunds, which will be deducted from the refund amount. We can only refund the remaining full months.

Just moved to Eastbourne?

You will need to change the details on the vehicle registration document and provide proof of your new address, for example, a tenancy agreement or letter from your solicitor providing details of the completion of the mortgage.

We can only issue a three month permit until these changes have been made and you have provided the correct documents.