Apply to license a venue

The licence to hold civil marriages and civil partnership ceremonies is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.

To apply for a licence, please read our guidance notes and send us a completed application form [105.0 KB] [docx] with:

  • 3 copies of a plan of the premises clearly showing which room (or rooms) you wish to license and a designated interview room
  • room plans
  • a cheque for your fees made payable to ‘East Sussex County Council’ (Or email the to arrange BACS payment)
  • a copy of your
    - public liability insurance
    - fire risk assessment
    - other relevant risk assessments
    - other supporting documents

Email for advice and further information to help you through the application process.

Once you have your licence, we will work with you to help make your approved venue successful.

Registration services logo

Related content

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.