Resident permits

Rother parking review formal consultation

We are carrying out a consultation on changes to parking restrictions in Rother.

The formal consultation is now open and will close on 7 June 2024.

Find out about the changes and provide feedback by viewing the consultation at:

Apply for or renew a resident permit

Am I entitled to a resident permit?

Residents are entitled to one resident parking permit per property, allowing you to park in the zone where you live, if you are:

  • a permanent resident at an address within the controlled parking zone and
  • the registered keeper of the vehicle

You will need to provide proof of this with your permit application.

Find out which documents we will accept - resident permit proof of eligibility

Permits are virtual and linked to the vehicle registration number.

Due to limited amount of kerb space in Rye only 44 resident permits will be available. Owners of a second home or holiday home within a permit zone are not eligible for a resident permit.

Where can I park?

Download a map of Rye parking zones A and B [278.7 KB] [pdf].

The map shows the zone boundary, you can park within the correct zone for your permit in:

  • permit holder only bays
  • shared use (permit holders or time limited bays)
  • shared use (permit holders or pay and display bays)

When parking, the letter on the sign must show the same letter that your permit is valid for. There is no time limit.

Having a permit does not guarantee you a parking space and the permit is not valid in any other bay or off-street car park.

Charges for resident permits

The table below shows the permit charges.

Permit charges
1st permit 2nd Permit
12 months 6 months 3 months 12 months 6 months 3 months
£27 £17 £10 81 £41 £21.50

Once you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved you can pay online or in person at one of these libraries:

There is a £5 administration fee for processing refunds, which will be deducted from the refund amount. We can only refund full remaining months.

Just moved to Rye?

You will need to change the details on the vehicle registration document and provide proof of your new address, for example, a tenancy agreement or letter from your solicitor providing details of the completion of the mortgage.

We can only issue a three-month permit until these changes have been made and you have provided the correct documents.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.