Volunteering roles in libraries
Code Club volunteer mentor
To inspire 9 to 11 year olds to get excited about computer science and digital making by running Code Clubs in a library setting.
- Prepare for the Code Club session each week. This may include organising resources and completing class projects in advance.
- Be available for 2 hours each week (currently Thursdays) to help with the Code Club session at the library.
- Be able to commit for at least one school term (approximately 12 weeks).
- Liaise with library staff regarding health and safety and housekeeping.
Skills and experience
- Calm under pressure
- A good team worker
- Computer literate
- Coding experience desirable
- Knowledge of Scratch/Python and HTML desirable
- Desire to learn
- Able to communicate with children of all abilities
- Well organised
- Be able to accept responsibility for conducting a session and work in a team of 2 to 3 volunteers
- Online training provided by Code Club
- DBS check is required (via Code Club)
- Minimum age for this role is 16 years old