Disabled access to woodlands
Abbot's Wood, near Hailsham
An 800m tarmac circuit near the edge of the wood guides the visitor through a variety of tree species. The site has benches and picnic sites. Special events such as barbecues are available on request.
- Car park with disabled parking, 20 reserved spaces.
- Toilets with disabled facilities.
- Map ref.: Os tq 558072
- Email: Forestry Commission
- Telephone: 01323 870 911
A 600m surfaced trail of medium difficulty leads through the varied woodland of this site including a restored pond with diverse wildlife.
- Car park on Pear Tree Lane with 2 reserved spaces for disabled people.
- Map ref: Os tq 716095
- Email: Highwoods Preservation Society
- Telephone: 01424 844 334
Park Wood, Hellingly
A 400m surfaced trail runs through coppice and past a restored pond at the western end of this 60 hectare ancient, semi-natural woodland. The wood is a delight throughout the year, but especially in spring when the bluebells are in flower.
- Car park off Grove Hill.
- Map ref: Os tq 593128
- Email: Environment Agency - GOV.UK
- Telephone: 03708 506 506
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.