Hours of work: Full-time teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Midday Thursday 1 December 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ocklynge School, Victoria Drive, Eastbourne, BN20 8XN
Phone: 01323 725839
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018. The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations. If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
The Trustees and Governors are seeking a charismatic and dynamic person with strong leadership skills, a successful record of accomplishment and an ability and desire to succeed, to take on the role of substantive Headteacher to shape the future of Ocklynge Junior School and continue to drive the school to the next level.
The successful individual will have a key remit to further develop the improvement plan, while continuing to raise standards and promote strong values.
Ocklynge Junior School joined with Ratton Secondary School on the 1st of December 2017 to form the South Downs Learning Trust (SDLT).
The aim of our trust is to provide an outstanding educational experience for all pupils in our schools. We want both schools to retain their own identity whilst working together to support the learning of everyone in the Trust community.
Our aim is to develop a sustainable and exciting educational experience that places our pupils at the centre of all that we do.
We are looking for a dynamic and effective leader, communicator and team builder with the vision, ability and drive to inspire, motivate and influence pupils, staff and stakeholders, ensuring successful and sustainable school improvement.
In return, we can offer you strong support from the Trust’s executive team, the freedom to shape the future of the school, and the opportunity for your continued professional development, including access to NPQs.
We welcome applications from external applicants, from both current inspirational Headteachers, or aspirational Senior Leaders who are seeking to step up to a headship position.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional leader and strategic thinker, with a proven track record of successful leadership and management in a primary school.
- have high expectations of staff and pupils and the vision to build a strong staff team and cohesive school community.
- inspire and motivate all pupils and staff to develop in a well-disciplined and harmonious environment.
- have an uncompromising commitment to ensuring all pupils achieve their potential so that they leave school as mature, rounded, resilient individuals, ready to take their places as active citizens ready for secondary school.
- be committed to the delivery of the highest standard of teaching and learning, including the professional development of our staff.
- remain committed to developing our ethos and vision ensuring that each pupil is valued, respected and treated as equal.
- demonstrate innovation, excellent communication and intelligent leadership.
To help you learn more about our school and this role please see the job description and person specification in this job pack.
The person specification contains the criteria that the selection panel will use in the selection process, and they will be particularly interested in the unique qualities that you possess.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
- On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
- Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment
- Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
- Staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
- Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
- On-site parking.
- Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place for staff children at Ocklynge Junior School.
- Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
You are warmly encouraged to have a pre-application conversation / virtual meeting. To arrange this, please contact the Trust’s Executive Assistant, Lorraine Barrow, at email@example.com or 01323 514314 and she will arrange a call.
Please use the application form available at Vacancies | Ocklynge Junior School.
Once completed it should be emailed to Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £79,949 - £91,679 per annum
- Closing date
- Ocklynge School
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership