Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 12 months, to cover secondment.
Closing date: Sunday 18 December 2022
Interview date: To be arranged.
For an informal discussion, please contact Catherine Al Hashmi (Senior Business Administrator) on 01424 725386, Tuesday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Do you have the administration skills to make a difference to a busy service?
Business Administrators provide vital support to teams to ensure customer/clients question and requests are responded to efficiently, accurate records are maintained and other staff within the team receive the support they need to do their own jobs well.
As a Business Administrator you will learn about the service the team provide and how it makes a difference to people’s lives. You need to work as a team to anticipate and meet the needs of team members who may be in the office, working remotely or in the community.
We are looking for candidates who have the below qualities…
- Ability to effectively prioritise a diverse workload to meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of people, including the ability to converse at ease with customer and provide advice in accurate spoken English
- Ability to work in a team and maintain team connectivity when working remotely
- Confidence interacting with new and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience with the ability to cope and recover from setbacks or deal with challenging situations
- Working knowledge of using email and word processing software such as Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to developing personal performance and supporting that of the service.
To apply for this role please follow the ‘Apply Now’ button above. When completing your application be sure to address how you meet all the criteria in the person specification drawing on any relevant work/life experience, education or personal interests.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 1-2 weeks after the closing date for the job.
Admin support enables other members of the team and Management to deliver their services efficiently and effectively.
We offer a diverse range of benefits to help and support you during your employment. More information can be found on our benefits page.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £21,968 - £22,368 per annum
- Closing date
- East Sussex County Council
- Adult Social Care and Health
- Contract type
- Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Administration and Clerical