Hours of work: 7 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Friday 28 October 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St. Michael's CE Primary School, Houghton Green Lane, Playden, Nr. Rye, TN31 7PJ
Phone: 01797 280277
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
"Our vision at St. Michael's is that every child receives an excellent education and feels valued for who they are. We want to lay a foundation of curiosity, tapping into children's natural inquisitiveness about the world around them, and to foster their ambition by recognising and responding to their talents and individuality. We seek to treat everyone in our community with love, honesty, forgiveness and respect, rooted in the principle of 'do to others as you would have them do to you' (Luke 6:31)"
St. Michael's is a warm and welcoming rural school in the beautiful surroundings of Playden and Rye. Ofsted, 2019: "Pupils thrive in this nurturing, friendly and happy school."
An opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated team mid-year, as a permanent member of St. Michael's. Our staff are a key and valued part of our school community; they are skilled and friendly, enjoy the benefits of regular CPD and are a strong and supportive team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and positive teacher to join our school.
This is a part-time position 0.2154 FTE, Year 5/6 class teacher to start in January, 2023.
We aim to recruit individuals who are committed to achieving the highest standards. Our successful candidate will have:
- A high level of classroom expertise.
- A secure understanding of the curriculum.
- The ability to work in partnership with staff, pupils and parents.
- High expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace.
- A commitment to continuous professional development.
- A commitment to upholding the Church of England ethos of the school.
- An awareness of the need to be reflective in all areas.
- The ability to effectively promote and develop the vision of the school.
- The passion for making learning experiences exciting, memorable and engaging for all.
In return, our school:
- Has an excellent team of staff who are enthusiastic, friendly and encourage all our pupils to develop a love of learning.
- Provides a creative, broad and balanced curriculum.
- Has strong partnerships with parents, governors and the local community.
- Is committed to supporting continuous professional development.
- Has well-behaved, happy and enthusiastic pupils who love to learn.
More information about our school is available on our website.
Visits to the school are encouraged. We look forward to showing you around and to giving you the opportunity to meet our pupils and to speak to members of the team.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 October, 2022.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 7 November, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by telephone as soon as possible after shortlisting has been completed.
Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org (01797 280277) for an application form along with the job description and person specification.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £25,714 - £36,961 per annum pro rata
- Closing date
- St. Michael's CE Primary School
- Contract type
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership