Class Teacher - maternity cover
Hours of work: Full-time teacher's hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 6 months
Closing date: Friday 14th October 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Wadhurst CE Primary School, Sparrows Green, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6SR
Phone: 01892 783155
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted
WADHURST CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Learning together, flourishing together
Curiosity, Confidence, Respect
CLASS TEACHER 1.0 (Maternity cover)
Salary: Main Scale
Required from January 2023
We are seeking a dedicated and outstanding classroom teacher who is committed to helping empower our children to flourish.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding and creative classroom practitioner with high expectations of children's attainment and behaviour.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support colleagues.
- Has excellent organisational skills.
- Will work in partnership with children, families, staff, governors, the church and the wider community.
- Will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to continually raise standards and move the school forwards on its journey of excellence.
- Happy, polite and enthusiastic children who are ready to tackle challenges, love learning and love their school.
- An environment where staff are trusted to take risks and grow.
- An innovative, caring and dedicated staff team with strong co-operative relationships.
- A supportive and effective Governing Body who are committed to excellence.
- An outward looking approach with a focus on research informed curriculum pedagogy.
- Dedication to providing a balanced teacher workload.
- A supportive Christian ethos with close links to the local church.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral member of our forward thinking learning community. Candidates are warmly invited to arrange an informal chat with Mr Hemsley, the Headteacher, to find out more about our wonderful school, what we can offer and to give you an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about the role. Candidates are also encouraged to view our school film on our YouTube page, visit our school website and find us on Twitter (@WadhurstPrimary).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
Closing date: Thursday 13th October 2022
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 17th October 2022
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £25,714 - £41,604 per annum
- Closing date
- Wadhurst CE Primary School
- Contract type
- Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Teaching and Leadership