Individual Needs Assistant
Hours of work: 31.25 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 24 months
Closing date: Friday 07 October 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Guestling Bradshaw CE Primary School, Rye Road, Guestling, TN35 4LS
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Guestling Bradshaw (CE) Primary School is a caring and nurturing school set between Hastings and Rye in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are 213 children currently on role organised into seven classes.
We are currently recruiting for an Individual Needs Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil with special educational needs from October 2022. This will initially be a two year fixed term post to provide care, education and support to a pupil currently in upper Key Stage 2. The role is for 31.25 hours (including lunch duties) term time.
The grade for this post is Single Status Grade SS3. Your salary will be based on spinal column point 7, currently £18,887 per annum if you are full time. The actual salary for 31.25 hours per week will be £13,721 per annum
The successful candidate should be someone who:
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
• Can contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team, working alongside class teacher and SENCO.
• Can demonstrate the ability to provide consistent, calm and nurturing support whilst maintaining clear behavioural boundaries.
• Has previous experience of working with children. Previous experience of working with children with SEND and/or with children in Early Years/KS1 would be preferable.
In return, our school:
• Has an excellent team of staff who are enthusiastic, friendly and encourage all our pupils to develop a love of learning and have the confidence to embrace new challenges.
• Has strong partnerships with parents, governors, our local clergy and the local community providing a creative, broad and balanced curriculum.
• Is committed to supporting continuous professional development
Please contact the school to arrange a visit or request an application form, or this can be downloaded from our website.
The application closing date is: Friday 7th October 2022
We aim to hold interviews week beginning Monday 10th October 2022
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will be informed by telephone as soon as possible after shortlisting has been completed.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £18,887 per annum pro rata
- Closing date
- Guestling Bradshaw CE Primary School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education