Hours of work: 35 Hrs 8:30-4:30pm 1 Hr lunch (some flexibility)
Working pattern: Full-Time, Term-time only (working for 41 weeks per year plus 6 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 30 September 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Maynards Green Community Primary, Maynards Green Heathfield East Sussex, TN21 0DD
Phone: 01435 812622
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly
employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018
Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to
demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form
as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not
been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the
2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the
application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and
the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Situated between Horam and Heathfield, Maynards Green is a successful and friendly community primary school. The school offers a supportive and caring environment and well behaved and highly motivated learners. The experienced and supportive staff team is friendly and committed to maintaining high standards.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced candidate who is dedicated and highly motivated to help run our school. We need a School Secretary with vision, knowledge and a passion for people and process, who will be the welcoming face of Maynards Green. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and team skills.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills
• Is approachable and friendly
• Demonstrates confidence and experience in an office environment
• Has a good working knowledge of ICT systems, including e-mail, MS word and Excel
• Has a good knowledge of other school based IT systems and administration routines (advantageous but not essential)
• Is flexible, well-organised and able to manage time efficiently
• Can identify own work priorities, meeting deadlines whilst ensuring that lower priority work is kept up to date
• Demonstrate the ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
We can offer you:
• A strong team of staff and governors who are supportive and care for each other.
• A forward thinking leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, honest values and a sense of teamwork
• A commitment to enable you to grow professionally and be part of a true learning culture.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Application details are available from the School Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visits to the school are highly recommended. To arrange a visit an informal discussion with the Headteacher/current Business Manager, please contact the school office either by email or by telephoning 01435 812622. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews will commence the week beginning 4 October
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- Maynards Green
- £20,853 - £21,695 per annum
- Closing date
- Maynards Green Community Primary
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Full Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education