SEN Admin Assistant
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 40 weeks per year plus 4.65 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Polegate School, Oakleaf Drive, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6PT
Phone: 01323 482404
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Do you love children? An all encompassing, varied, interesting and fast paced support role has arisen, working in this successful, well regarded school. All the staff are passionate, dedicated and loyal, and the team are very close-knit and established. As the school is growing it has created new, exciting opportunities.
Polegate school is looking for an enthusiastic, hard working school SEN administrative assistant to join our friendly staff, supportive parents and wonderful children! The job will involve working 5 days a week from 8.00am - 3.30pm within the main school office and supporting our SENCO, 35 hours per week.
This position is open to an apprenticeship as well as experienced candidates.
Key responsibilities supporting SEN:
• Undertake administrative duties in accordance with statutory and school requirements
• Minute, produce and distribute accurate records from meetings
• Produce correspondence and reports with written documents with other sources
• Timetable the allocation of available facilities for various groups, intervention and outside agencies and acting as lead person for contact for all aspects of Inclusion.
• Auditing and collating data on all stages of statutory assessments
• Liaise with outside agencies
• Source training if directed
• To sort incoming mail and dispatch outgoing mail.
• Provide pastoral, social and behavioural support for identified pupils as part of the Inclusion team.
• To establish and maintain efficient filing, indexing and internal correspondence systems.
• Collate referrals to outside agencies.
• Understanding of emotional regulation and how to support pupils with this is an advantage.
• Supporting with general enquiries from parents, carers, pupils and teaching staff
• Supporting the collation and maintenance of pupil/school details both manually and computerised, including responsibility for analysis and evaluation of data/information and production of reports as requested
• Provide personal/administrative and organisational support to other staff in school
In addition, you will have:
• Experience of IT and knowledge of SIMS software used in schools
• Confidence in using Microsoft Office software
• The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• Excellent communication and personnel skills
• Experience working in an office environment
• To deal with enquiries, answering telephone and relaying messages to staff and pupils.
• To word-process and produce all school documentation, including drafting correspondence as requested.
• Dealing with visitors, providing hospitality where necessary and referring on to appropriate members of staff when needed. Providing a sympathetic and patient ear to parents contacting the school, providing general information as requested.
• To deal with all confidential matters with tact and discretion.
• To photocopy and reproduce documents as and when required.
• To undertake any training as and when required (SIMS, ParentMail, ParentPay etc…)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.
Closing date: Friday, 26th August 2022 Midday
Interviews: Week beginning 12th September 2022, day to be confirmed
Please contact Polegate School 01323 482404 or email for an application form email@example.com
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
- Job reference
- Number of positions
- £20,043 to £20,443 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 26 August 2022
- Polegate School
- Contract type
- Term Time - Permanent
- Work pattern
- Part Time
- Job type
- Support Staff - Education